|Personality||Relatively docile herbivores|
|Genus||Bulbobbouses (Cyrannian, 2010)|
|Species||bouy (Cyrannian, 2010)|
Bulbobbouses are a species of non-sapient fauna indigenous to an unspecified planet. They have a small habitation range, as they are built for spending their lives within deep rivers - their legs have become, over the eons, incapable of supporting their body weight on land. They feed by grazing along the riverbed, pulling up local flora with their elongated snout.
- Species Type: Warm-blooded Aquatic Vertebrate
- Speech Style: Bellows made with the mouth closed to allow sound to travel underwater while preventing drowning.
- Lifestyle: Somewhat social herbivores
- Hunt/Forage Success Rate: 100% Forage (78% Success Rate)
- Armor: Bulbobbous are definitely considered tempting when large enough predators spot them due to their large, dumpy bodies and slow movement, even in their natural environment of the riverbed. To help prevent their untimely demise, no less than six armored extensions extend off of the body to help protect them somewhat. These double as heat sinks during the hottest months of the year.
- Defenses: The only other defense besides communication and pack mannerisms a Bulbobbous has is a thick, spiked club growing out of their back. This can be swung around a little bit on its own, but is often aided by the Bulbobbous throwing the rest of its weight into it as well to maximize injury potential and hopefully stave off hungry wading predators. In dire cases, their bodies act in a similar manner to a rubber buoy, and as such they are quite buoyant. If need be, they can quickly lift their legs off of the riverbed and tuck them against their bodies, allowing them to float downstream a bit and hopefully escape their pursuer(s).
- Weapons: No weapons are used offensively by a Bulbobbous.
- Tools: Bulbobbouses have no means of manipulating objects outside of their teeth, which are used to feed.
- Method of Eating: Undescribed
- Reproductive Rate: It takes a Bulbobbous approximately 7 years to reach sexual maturity. Afterwards, they will breed once every year.
- Gestation: 13 months before litter is birthed.
- Number of Offspring: 1-2 per litter. Rarely 3 may be gestated, although mothers oftentimes have an extremely difficult time birthing triplets and many times will die during childbirth when this is the case.
- Offspring Survival Rate (before age of maturity): 25% -- Bulbobbouses may only be loosely-pack oriented, but most of this orientation goes towards protecting their young from harm.
- Singular/Plural: Bulbobbous / Bulbobbouses